Articles from Volume 50
Articles from back issues of The Nautical Research Journal, Volume 50 (2005). Select the specific article above.
Select the desired article using the drop-down menu above. Price is per article.
Each article is provided as a digital download in PDF format.
- A VIEW FROM WITHIN: FIBER OPTIC TECHNOLOGY ANDTHE STUDY OF DOCKYARD SHIP MODELS by Grant Walker and Dick Bond
- ON THE JOB FOR VICTORY: NEWS PUBLICATIONS OF THE EMERGENCY FLEET CORPORATION, 1918-1919 by Michael Bernstein
- OREGON DRIFT BOATS by Dan Brummer
- AN ARK FOR NOAH by Colin Mudie, RDI
- Carving Ship Ornamentation by Lloyd McCaffery
- CHICAGO PIANOS: THE 1.1" CANNON by Don Preul and A. J. Daverede
- HENRIETTA (1679): A POSSIBLE IDENTIFICATION OF MODEL #4 IN THE HENRY HUDDLESTON ROGERS COLLECTION by Daniel Pariser
- THE EASTLAND QUESTIONS, A MODEL PERSPECTIVE by John Heinz
- TOMB MODEL OF AMENHOTEP II by John McGann
- USS MISSOURI (BBII) OF 1903 by John Haynes
- AYTON CROSS, WIJSMULLER'S TUG AT 1:32 SCALE by Tom Gorman
- BRITISH MARITIME HERITAGE: THE INFLUENCE OF RESEARCH VERSUS EXPERIENCE by Wyn Davies
- CHRISTIE'S LOT 290: ROYAL SOVEREIGN (1701), A IOO GUN FIRST RATE AT 1:64 SCALE: Model description and historical comments by Charles Miller and Michael Naxton
- JOHN A. ROBB, SHIPBUILDER OF FELLS POINT: HIS WORK AS A STUDY OF 19TH-Century NAVAL ARCHITECTURE by Geoffrey M. Footner
- PRESERVING NAUTICAL HISTORY: A VOLUNTEER PROGRAM BENEFITING MARITIME MUSEUMS by John F. Green, P.E.
- RESEARCH HELP FROM MUSEUMS: WAYS TO UNLOCK THE DOORS by Fred Hocker
- THE 40MM BOFORS CANNON by Don Preul and A. J. Daverede
- CONSERVING RMS FRANCONIA (1923), A 1:48 SCALE MODEL OF THE CUNARD LINER by John F. Green, P.E., and William A. Moore
- DE 7 PROVINCIEN: BUILDING A FULL-SIZE REPLICA OF A FAMOUS DUTCH WARSHIP by Ad van der Zee and Aryan Klein
- JENNY LIND: THE MYSTERY OF NIGHTINGALE'S FIGUREHEAD by Karl Eric Svärdskog
- PHARAOH KHUFU'S SOLAR BOAT AT 1:96 SCALE by John McGann
SMALL GUNS OF THE NEW US NAVY by Don Preul and A. J. Daverede
This Volume originally contained the latter parts of these articles, which are combined fully in Volume 49.
- MV ROBRIX (2004): SHORT SEA TRADER by Tom Gorman
- RESEARCHING THE WEST COAST STEAM SCHOONER WILLAPA (1908) by Steve Hubbard
SUPER DETAILING THE IJN YAMATO by Harry Ohanian
These articles are provided in the standard Adobe PDF format. The PDF will be available for download shortly after your order is processed. You will need the the ability to view PDFs on your computer. Click here to learn more about viewing PDFs.