Articles from Volume 49
Articles from back issues of The Nautical Research Journal, Volume 49 (2004). Select the specific article above.
Select the desired article using the drop-down menu above. Price is per article.
Each article is provided as a digital download in PDF format.
- BEYOND THE BROW: RESEARCHING AND RESTORING HISTORIC SHIPS by Jay C. Martin, Ph.D.
- CHRISTIE'S LOT 245:AN UNRIGGED ENGLISH FIFTH RATE c.1710-24.Model description and historical comments by Charles Miller and Grant Walker
- QUEEN HATSHEPSUT'S OBELISK BARGE (1504 BC) by John R. McGann
- Afon Alaw (2004), ANCHOR HANDLING TUG by Tom Gorman
- CONTINENTAL NAVY BRIGANTINE Lexington 1776-1777): DERIVING NEW PLANS FROM ORIGINAL DATA by Clayton A. Feldman
- GALENA, HER FIRST TWENTY-THREE DAYS by Peter E. Demarest
- GREAT LAKES SHIPWRECKS: SEARCHING & RESEARCHING by Brendon Baillod
- MlD-17TH TO MlD-19TH-CENTURY DESIGN INNOVATIONS THAT STRENGTHENED SHIP HULLS by Alisa Steere
- U.S. CUSTOMS HOUSE RULES FOR MEASURING TONNAGE OF MERCHANT VESSELS (1839-1865) by C. Michael Stralkowski
- US NAVY VERSUS THE SLAVE TRADE: A WORK IN PROGRESS by Donald N. Canney
- CHRISTIE'S LOT 310: REVENGE, A28-GUN FRIGATE FROM 1754: Model description and historical comments by Charles Miller
- KAHLENBERG BROS.:THE ROLLS ROYCE OF MARINE ENGINE BUILDERS by Sandra J. Zipperer
- LAGODA: A LEGACY IN WOOD, IRON, AND SAIL by Jonathan Olly
- LYNSTON "LADDIE" DICK; A PROFILE OF PERSEVERANCE by Steve Wheeler
- SHOAL DRAFT REVENUE CUTTERS by John M. Bobbitt, M.D.
- THE ALLIGATOR: A STEAM-POWERED WARPING Scow by Mickey Martelle
- EARLY NORWEGIAN MARINE STEAM ENGINES by Hans Breder
- FORD MODEL "A" ENGINE FOR A SKIPJACK DREDGE WINCH by Dan Brummer
- MV ROBRIX: SHORT SEA TRADER by Tom Gorman
- NORWICH: A BELOVED WORKHORSE by Peter E. Demarest
- RESEARCHING THE WEST COAST STEAM SCHOONER WILLAPA (1908), by Steve Hubbard
- STEAM YACHT TURBINA (1894) by John McGann
- SUPER DETAILING THE IJN YAMATO by Harry Ohanian
US 20MM OERLIKON CANNON by A. J. Daverede and Don Preul
This Volume originally contained the latter parts of these articles, which are combined fully in Volume 48.
- RIGGING FRENCH MEN-OF-WAR [1670-1690) by Richard H. Snyder
- OLIVER HAZARD PERRY'S JOURNAL (1815-1819) by Joseph R. McCleary
THE SAINT LAWRENCE RIVER SKIFF by Alan D. Frazer
These articles are provided in the standard Adobe PDF format. The PDF will be available for download shortly after your order is processed. You will need the the ability to view PDFs on your computer. Click here to learn more about viewing PDFs.