Articles from Volume 48
Articles from back issues of The Nautical Research Journal, Volume 48 (2003). Select the specific article above.
Select the desired article using the drop-down menu above. Price is per article.
Each article is provided as a digital download in PDF format.
- Scotia Addendum by Paul D. Edwards
- The Colonial Tobacco Fleet by John F. Wing
- The St. Lawrence River Skiff by Alan D. Frazer
- A Sailor's Model: Abbie Carver by W. Kelley Hannan
- Fred W. Martin's Yacht Designs by Stephen E. Wheeler
- The Original Motala-Built Engine of the Norwegian Steamer Skibladner (1856) by Hans Breder
- ANDREW JACKSON PIERCE: MARINE ENGINE BUILDER by Stephen E. Wheeler
- BRIGANTINE GEORGE LATIMER: RESEARCH FOR A MODEL by John M. Bobbitt
- JIGS SIMPLIFY DOCKYARD HULL CONSTRUCTION by John O. Kopf
- JOB 170 AT ROACH'S SHIPYARD, A DOCUMENTED SEQUENCE OF BUILDING AN IRON STEAMER by William H. Thiesen
- OLIVER HAZARD PERRY'S JOURNAL, (1815-1819) by Joseph R. McCleary
- SC-1 CLASS 11O-FOOT SUBMARINE CHASERS (1917-1918) by Franklyn Brown
- CHANGING WEAVE OF TEXT AND GRAPHICS IN ANTEBELLUM SHIPWRIGHT MANUALS by R. John Brockmann
- MATTHEW AND NAVAL ARCHITECTURE:The considerations involved in designing a reconstruction of Matthew by Colin Mudie
- RIGGING FRENCH MEN-OF-WAR [1670-1690) by Richard H. Snyder
This Volume originally contained the latter parts of these articles, which are combined fully in Volumes 46/47.
The Popham Colony's Virginia by John W. Bradford and Fred M. Walker
The Racine Boat Manufacturing Company by Stephen E. Wheeler
These articles are provided in the standard Adobe PDF format. The PDF will be available for download shortly after your order is processed. You will need the the ability to view PDFs on your computer. Click here to learn more about viewing PDFs.