Articles from Volume 41
Articles from back issues of The Nautical Research Journal, Volume 41 (1996). Select the specific article above.
Select the desired article using the drop-down menu above. Price is per article.
Each article is provided as a digital download in PDF format.
- Heralds of a Modern American Navy: Protected Cruisers Atlanta, Boston, and Chicago BY WILLIAM H. THIESEN
- Notes on Building and Arming the Steam Revenue Cutter Harriet Lane BY CHARLES J. PARKER, JR.
- Ship Models Go to War BY EDWARD P. VON DER PORTEN
- The Continental Frigate Raleigh BY HAROLD M. HAHN
- Atlanta, Boston, and Chicago Appended, Compiled by William H. Thiesen
- Lost by Two Navies: HMS Epervier, A Most Un-fortunate Ship BY J.R. MCCLEARY
- Taking the Act on the Road or You Bust 'Em, We Dust 'Em BY ROB NAPIER
- Transferring a Ship-Form from Model to Plan BY EDWARD G. BROWNLEE
- A Timeline for Sooloo BY ROB NAPIER
- Building an Eighteenth-Century Made Mast BY JOHN M. BOBBITT, MD
- Make Ready the Jib Topsails Puritan and Genesta, 1885 — An Experimental Diorama BY JUSTIN CAMARATA
- White Wings — The Boat and The Model BY ROLAND D. KALAYJIAN
- Experiments in Square-Rigged Sailing BY CHRISTOPHER MORRISON
- Great Lakes Barge Schooner of About 1886 BY PETER C. BAKER, PHD AND CECILIE A. GOODRICH, PHD
- Notes on the Swedish Warship Vasa of 1628 BY EDWARD P. VON DER PORTEN
- The Au Sable River Boat BY HOUGHTON C. SMITH
Vincent's Cove in the 1870s, A Pictorial Record of Gloucester Shipbuilding BY ERIK A.R. RONNBERG, JR.
These articles are provided in the standard Adobe PDF format. The PDF will be available for download shortly after your order is processed. You will need the the ability to view PDFs on your computer. Click here to learn more about viewing PDFs.